Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: proposal: rounding up time value less than its unit.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 9/23/14 10:29 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Votes or no votes, that's a horrible idea; it breaks the design goal
>> that users shouldn't need to remember the precise unit size when making
>> postgresql.conf entries.

> I think this is not historically correct.

> The original motivation was that you had to remember what the units on
> shared_buffers = 37
> were, and that it was different units than
> work_mem = 37

Right, but the issue of not requiring the specified value to be an exact
multiple of the underlying unit did come up in the early discussion,
and we were pretty clear that we didn't want to throw an error for that:

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/29818.1153976618@sss.pgh.pa.us#29818.1153976618@sss.pgh.pa.us