Re: fastgetattr & isNull

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fastgetattr & isNull
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, that comment is a bit misleading too, since a pointer with a
> NULL value might work but a literal NULL certainly doesn't.

I think "(bool *) NULL" would work.  What your compiler is complaining
about is trying to dereference a "void *" expression.

In practice, the people we'd need to reach with a comment would be ones
who had working code before --- and working code, in this context, would
most likely be code that was passing a pointer variable that contained
null.  But as I said, I don't think it really requires any comment.