Re: What is the posix_memalign() equivalent for the PostgreSQL?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: What is the posix_memalign() equivalent for the PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Anderson Carniel <accarniel@gmail.com> writes:
> I would like to know if the PostgreSQL provides a memory function that
> allocates aligned memory.

Not beyond MAXALIGN (although the shared-memory alloc functions do align
to cacheline boundaries IIRC).

> If not, according to your experience, is there a
> significance difference between the performance of the O_DIRECT or not?

AFAIK, nobody's really bothered to measure whether that would be useful
for Postgres.  The results would probably be quite platform-specific
anyway.