Re: Documentation gap: Perl interfaces

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Documentation gap: Perl interfaces
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> We've been there, and it all that information became outdated pretty soon.
> In fact we've just removed all not-included-here documentation in this
> release.  There are literally thousands of packages interfacing with
> PostgreSQL, and I don't see how we're going to manage to put these into
> the documentation.

I agree that we shouldn't try to track the exact version, location,
features, etc of outside packages --- but the *existence* of a DBI/DBD
driver for Postgres strikes me as an important, and not unstable, piece
of information.  That's not "one package" that interfaces with Postgres,
that's the foundation for countless applications.  Right now, Perl
people who come looking at the PG docs might well go away again feeling
unwanted.  That's bad for us in the long run.