Re: autogenerating headers & bki stuff

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: autogenerating headers & bki stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I think we need to try to get *all* of the operator
>> classes out of the hand-maintained-DATA-entries collection.

> Is this mostly a forward-reference problem?

No, I don't see that as particularly the issue.  What I'm concerned
about is the prospect of different parts of the same opfamily being
represented in different notations --- that sounds pretty error-prone
to me.  Greg is arguing that special-casing some minimum subset of the
opclasses is a good idea, but I disagree.  I think if we can make the
idea work at all, we can migrate *all* the built-in opclasses into the
higher-level notation, and that's how I want to approach it.

Сообщение: Re: autogenerating headers & bki stuff
Сообщение: Re: autogenerating headers & bki stuff