Re: PANIC: heap_update_redo: no block

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PANIC: heap_update_redo: no block
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> (2) print verbose information after errror

If you want to do it that way, the correct thing is for the WAL replay
logic to add an error context hook to print the current WAL record,
not invent weird hacks in the error processing logic.
Compare the way bufmgr.c reports errors during smgrwrite() operations
(buffer_write_error_callback()).

One problem with the approach is that I'm not sure how robust the WAL
record description routines really are.  They seem at the least
vulnerable to buffer-overflow issues.  A crash while trying to describe
the current record wouldn't be a net improvement :-(.  I'd kind of
want to modify them to have a more robust API, eg write into a
StringInfo instead of an unspecified-size buffer.