Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why database is corrupted after re-booting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alex Stapleton <alexs@advfn.com> writes:
> The system RAM won't usually be supported by any batteries though, so
> it will go crazy, copy corrupt data to the DIMMs on the RAID
> controller, which then will refuse to write it to the disk until the
> power comes up, and then write the bad data to the drive surely?

Not in competently designed hardware.  The system should shut down
completely the instant the power supply's outputs go out of spec,
which will be before the logic components actually start to malfunction.

This is not to say that cheap consumer-grade PCs are competently
designed ;-) but the issue was a solved problem when I was a
practicing EE, and that was a long time ago.