Re: PITR - recovery to a particular transaction

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PITR - recovery to a particular transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yea, my question is if you choose "after", do you get everything that
> happens until the "after" transaction commits, or just when it begins.
> If I stop after xid 125, and xid 126 starts and stops before 125
> commits, does 126 get restored?

Yes.  You don't get to be selective about what to keep: it's everything
up to a certain time instant, and nothing after that.  Stopping by XID
is just a different way of identifying what that time instant is.

BTW, stopping "before" an XID actually means stopping just before its
commit or abort record, so transactions that ended before it did will
be included in the recovery.