Re: pg_hba.conf problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_hba.conf problem
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
JWDougherty <jwdougherty@mcihispeed.net> writes:
> I have run into a problem with the vanilla pg_hba.conf with 7.34.  While most
> normal local operations work as they ought, I found that when attempting use
> postgresqs from GRASS that an error was returned due to a problem with the
> pg_hba.conf file.  The error message is:

> LOG:  parse_hba: invalid syntax in pg_hba.conf file at line 45, token "TYPE"
> FATAL:  Missing or erroneous pg_hba.conf file, see postmaster log for details

I've been trying to think of an explanation for this, but it's hard to
come up with one, if your pg_hba.conf is indeed factory-stock.  Did you
build PG from source, or is it from somebody's RPM distribution?  (Some
distributions supply modified pg_hba files.)  For that matter, what
platform is this on anyway?