Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template table?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template table?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I don't doubt that, but I just have a stomach ache with this entire
> notion of having a hard-coded exception list of the sort "if the user
> requires this, do this instead".

I don't see it as an exception list.  The direction I see for this is
that the parameters to CREATE LANGUAGE are obsolete and will eventually
be removed altogether, with "CREATE LANGUAGE foo" using an existing
template as the only recommended way to do it.

> Why don't we just put all PLs that we
> know of into pg_language to begin with, revoke the permissions, and
> just let CREATE LANGUAGE fail when the dump is restored?

To do that we'd have to force an initdb, in which case we might as well
add the proposed pltemplate catalog and have done with it.

I'm entirely willing to add the catalog if people are willing to accept
an initdb now.  As I said earlier, I don't want to mess with adding a
usage privilege just yet, but we could add the catalog with a
nonfunctional ACL column and write that code later.

Сообщение: Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template table?
Сообщение: Re: Attention PL authors: want to be listed in template