Re: [GENERAL] column names and dollar sign

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] column names and dollar sign
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Armand Pirvu (home)" <armand.pirvu@gmail.com> writes:
> Ran into the following statement

> CREATE TABLE test(
>     Date$ date,
>     Month_Number$ int,
>     Month$ varchar(10),
>     Year$ int
> );

> While it does execute, I wonder if the $ has any special meaning ?

Postgres thinks it's a valid identifier character, as long as it's
not the first character.  I don't believe it's standard SQL, but
we hacked it in a long time ago for compatibility with Oracle or
somebody like that.

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] column names and dollar sign
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] column names and dollar sign