Re: fix for readline terminal size problems when window is resized with open pager

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: fix for readline terminal size problems when window is resized with open pager
Дата
Re: fix for readline terminal size problems when window is resized with open pager  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Re: fix for readline terminal size problems when window is resized with open pager  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> writes:
>> The following patch deals with a long standing gripe of mine that the
>> terminal frequently gets garbled so that when typing.

> Hm.  I wonder whether rl_resize_terminal() exists in every iteration
> of libreadline and libedit.

Quick followup: rl_resize_terminal() exists in GNU readline at least as
far back as 4.0 (released Feb 1999).  However, it doesn't seem to be there
at all in libedit; I don't see it in OS X Yosemite's headers, anyway.
So we'd need a configure test for this.