MoveToInsertRow on a table without a primary key

От patrick.balleux@gmail.com
Тема MoveToInsertRow on a table without a primary key
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello all,

I have a table in a database that does not have a primary key.  In the process of migrating data from Oracle to
Postgres,I am using ResultSets to populate the Postgres tables.

Basically, all is working well except for tables that do not have a primary key.  When I reach the "movetoinsertrow"
instructionin my code, the jdbc driver raises an exception about the missing primary key.

The workaround would be to add a temporary primary key to such table, but I want to avoid that.  I did the same test
withHSQLDB and it works.  To me, it seems like a bug.

I googled around for the solution, but found nothing.

Any tips?