Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3 VACUUM Timings/Performance

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3 VACUUM Timings/Performance
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

PostgreSQL 8.2.3 VACUUM Timings/Performance  ("Bruce McAlister", )
 Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3 VACUUM Timings/Performance  (Heikki Linnakangas, )
 Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3 VACUUM Timings/Performance  ("Bruce McAlister", )
  Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3 VACUUM Timings/Performance  (Heikki Linnakangas, )
   Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3 VACUUM Timings/Performance  (Aidan Van Dyk, )
   Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3 VACUUM Timings/Performance  ("Anton Melser", )
 Re: PostgreSQL 8.2.3 VACUUM Timings/Performance  (Tom Lane, )

"Bruce McAlister" <> writes:
> [1] AutoVacuum runs during the day over the entire PostgreSQL cluster,

Good, but evidently you need to make it more aggressive.

> [2] A Vacuum Full Verbose is run during our least busy period (generally
> 03:30) against the Database,

> [3] A Re-Index on the table is performed,

> [4] A Cluster on the table is performed against the most used index,

> [5] A Vacuum Analyze Verbose is run against the database.

That is enormous overkill.  Steps 2 and 3 are a 100% waste of time if
you are going to cluster in step 4.  Just do the CLUSTER and then
ANALYZE (or VACUUM ANALYZE if you really must, but the value is marginal).