Re: Certification

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: Certification
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
> I guess before we think about certification in line with LF, I think we all
> must see what is the problem we are trying to address?

Maybe we could bring this discussion back to what it was about originally.
Nobody asked us to develop a certification. This thread is about the LF
(amybe) willing to create one and about them wanting to work with us, so that
they create something the PostgreSQL project likes as well.

> I believe rather than introducing certifications what might make more sense
> is to introduce PostgreSQL as a platform for teaching RDBMS in graduation
> schools. Today most of the colleges (in India and ASEAN) which I know about
> uses Oracle as an example to Teach RDBMS. I believe that you need to have
> ample resources at various levels (associate, pro, adv ) to roll out a
> proper certification matrix and also a much larger adoption. While
> certification will certainly push for more resources available, it is not
> much useful without training program (like what Robert pointed out).

AFAICT their certifications so far all contain web based training as well.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Meskes at (Debian|Postgresql) dot Org