Re: svn access?"Can't connect to host

От OpenMacNews
Тема Re: svn access?"Can't connect to host
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
hi dave,

>> and the ability for those behind firewalls to only worry
>> about communicatig
>> with a "more standard" port 80 ...
>
> As someone who has battled endlessly with a government bodies who insist
> on running their Citrix systems on port 80 for that reason

eeek!  politically driven engineering!! RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY!

>> from OUTSIDE my firewall, @ my ISP-based shell acct:
>>
>>     % telnet svr2.postgresql.org 3690
>>         Trying 65.19.161.25...
>>         telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused
>>
>> BUT, to 'another' server ...
>>
>>     % telnet svn.adiumx.com 3690
>>         Trying 216.133.69.35...
>>         Connected to penguinmilitia.net.
>>         Escape character is '^]'.
>>         ( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS ) ( edit-pipeline ) ) ) ^]
>>
>> i'm not convinced its NOT your server ... then again, i'm not
>> convinced it's
>> not me too =-S
>
> OK, I'm seeing a major problem here. Why are you trying to connect to
> svr2.postgresql.org?

cuz i thoughght you' suggested/verified that it works ...

    >> Hi Richard,
    >>
    >> It's probably just the DNS catching up (svn was temporarily on the old
    >> server whilst being tested). Try using dev.pgadmin.org instead (it's the
    >> same box, but the DNS record is much older). I just tried a checkout
    >> from svr2.postgresql.org (which is in the US) and it worked fine, so
    >> this shouldn't be a firewall issue.
    >>
    >> Regards, Dave.

> By chance I happen to be root on that box, but it's
> nothing to do with pgAdmin (it's the www.postgresql.org backend server),
> and is on the wrong side of the pond!! Try svn.pgadmin.org...

fair nuf ...

from INSIDE my LAN/firewall:

    % telnet svn.pgadmin.org 3690
        Trying 194.217.48.45...
        telnet: connect to address 194.217.48.45: Operation timed out
        telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

from OUTSIDE my LAN (@ my ISP):

    % telnet svn.pgadmin.org 3690
        Trying 194.217.48.45...
        Connected to raptor.vale-housing.co.uk.
        Escape character is '^]'.
        ( success ( 1 2 ( ANONYMOUS ) ( edit-pipeline ) ) ) ^]

ok, so the machine's alive ...

it's clear -- i'm being boneheaded.

but where/how?

>> a SWAG -- i just wonder if there's a version incompatibiolity
>> between our "subversion versions".  i'm using 1.2rc2 -- you?
>
> 1.1.14. I was hoping 1.2 would be gold by the time we moved, but alas
> not.

i'm "stuck @ 1.2rc2 cuz of "other issues" left unfixed in 114. argh.

hmmm ... i wonder.

richard