Re: How to deal with crashes?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to deal with crashes?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Andrey" <am@NOSPAM.netactor.net> writes:
> As for debug version, I know what Windows programs may run number of times
> slower in debug build. Isn't this a case for Postgres on Linux?

The gcc boys say that -g makes no difference in the generated code.
I've never bothered to test the assertion; I assume they know what
they're talking about.

> 2002-04-17 13:55:18 [23600]  DEBUG:  connection: host=[local] user=spa-www
> database=spa
> 2002-04-17 13:55:18 [17524]  DEBUG:  server process (pid 23600) was
> terminated by signal 11

This is most curious --- PID 23600 evidently crashed during startup,
before it had received any queries.

You definitely need to prepare a debug version and get a stack backtrace
from one of the coredumps before we'll be able to say much more than
that.

Сообщение: Re: odd psql behaviour on OSX
Сообщение: Re: odd psql behaviour on OSX