Re: psql backslash consistency

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql backslash consistency
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> On Friday 27 May 2005 15:09, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I didn't find any.  Nevertheless, while there are undoubtedly some uses
>> for everything, making this the default behavior does not seem
>> acceptable.

> ISTM it is more acceptable than you're willing to admit.

> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-04/msg00009.php
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-04/msg00102.php
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-09/msg00199.php

As near as I can tell, opinion is divided about fifty-fifty among those
who have bothered to weigh in ... which is hardly a strong case for
making an enforced change in long-standing behavior (since those who
want a change have more of an incentive to say so than those who don't).

A customization variable is definitely sounding like the way to go
if we're going to do anything here.