Re: Problem with inserting data into a table.....

От FERREIRA William (COFRAMI)
Тема Re: Problem with inserting data into a table.....
Дата
Список pgsql-general

maybe you can try to add the name of the schema like this :

insert into  my_schema.COL_LED_TBL
(LED_STATE_COLOR,NEID,LED_STATE_MODE,PHY_INDEX,PORT_INDEX,MODE_DFGH)
values (1,1234,3,0,104,'test led numbetr 1');

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Sharon Abu [mailto:Sharon_Abu@PacketLight.com]
Envoyé : mardi 22 février 2005 13:08
À : 'pgsql-general@postgresql.org'
Objet : [GENERAL] Problem with inserting data into a table.....

Hi All,

new to postgreSQL.....

I'm running postgreSQL 8.0.1 on win 2k and and i have created a database
(for testing....) using pgAdmin-III application
i'v'e also managed to create table with just few simple columns... so far so
good.

The problem arises when i'm trying to insert some data into the table using
the following statement:

insert into  COL_LED_TBL
(LED_STATE_COLOR,NEID,LED_STATE_MODE,PHY_INDEX,PORT_INDEX,MODE_DFGH)
values (1,1234,3,0,104,'test led numbetr 1');

the name of the table & its columns are correct (I've checked it....)

The execution fails with the following message :  ERROR:  relation
"col_led_tbl" does not exist

It seems that it doesn't recognize the table at all ?!

I've tried to execute it from pgAdmin SQL Query tool & also from psql
utility both present me the same error above...

Does any one could point me to the problem ?

Appreciate any help...

sharon

      joining column's datatypes do not match