Re: pg_trgm

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_trgm
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> There seem to be three behaviours on the table here:

You're neglecting

4) Let the user decide whether he wants pg_trgm to consider word
elements to be "alphanumerics" or "any non-space".

The main problem I have with Tatsuo's patch is that it forecloses any
reasonably upward-compatible extension to a user-selected behavior like
(4).  The current behavior can be extended and is simple to document
(though we've neglected to do so).  But once you've put in this
arbitrary warping of the behavior of C locale, you're going to be at
a dead end for improving it later.