Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2021-11-25 at 09:51 +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> Won't it be better to just check if the current user is superuser
> before applying each change as a matter of this first patch? Sorry, I
> was under impression that first, we want to close the current gap
> where we allow to proceed with replication if the user's superuser
> privileges were revoked during replication.

That could be a first step, and I don't oppose it. But it seems like a
very small first step that would be made obsolete when v3-0001 is
ready, which I think will be very soon.

>  To allow non-superusers
> owners, I thought it might be better to first try to detect the
> change
> of ownership

In the case of revoked superuser privileges, there's no change in
ownership, just a change of privileges (SUPERUSER -> NOSUPERUSER). And
if we're detecting a change of privileges, why not just do it in
something closer to the right way, which is what v3-0001 is attempting
to do.

>  as soon as possible instead of at the transaction
> boundary.

I don't understand why it's important to detect a loss of privileges
faster than a transaction boundary. Can you elaborate?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: prevent immature WAL streaming
Сообщение: Re: prevent immature WAL streaming