Suggestions for pg_hba.conf contents needed for dynamic IP

От Gilley, Charles H.
Тема Suggestions for pg_hba.conf contents needed for dynamic IP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm trying to establish a robust yet inexpensive method of updating an
online database (hopefully postgres) via a customer's database (Access).
The goal is to update the online database nightly via an ODBC connection.

My problem is that the customer's web site is on a virtual host, so I don't
rule it like I want to (probably a real good idea).  My customer will dial
in
to his ISP and is assigned a dynamic IP.  This seems to defeat the host
based access, since one can never predict what the IP will be.

I suppose I revert to password based access, but I can find zero
documentation on how to do this.

Has anyone done this? Can it be done?