Re: Need for speed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Need for speed
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Ulrich Wisser <ulrich.wisser@relevanttraffic.se> writes:
> My machine has 2GB memory, please find postgresql.conf below.

> max_fsm_pages = 50000           # min max_fsm_relations*16, 6 bytes each

FWIW, that index I've been groveling through in connection with your
other problem contains an astonishingly large amount of dead space ---
almost 50%.  I suspect that you need a much larger max_fsm_pages
setting, and possibly more-frequent vacuuming, in order to keep a lid
on the amount of wasted space.