Re: [GENERAL] Performance PLV8 vs PLPGSQL

От Jan de Visser
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Performance PLV8 vs PLPGSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 6:02:51 AM EST Mike Sofen wrote:
> the natural lashup of plpgsql to postgres (I liked Alban’s term,
> “impedance”), is a key aspect.

Not to deprive Alban of any of his credit, but the term "impedance mismatch"
is at least 25 year old; as far as I know it was coined to describe the
problems arising from attempting to shoehorn an OO model onto a relational
database.

And despite the smart people in academia warning us about that mismatch in the
early 90s, we bravely soldiered (I'm taking full blame myself here) on and
10-15 years later came up with abominations like Hibernate...

History lesson over, carry on...