Re: Draft release notes complete

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Draft release notes complete
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:26:14AM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Honestly, I'm leaning more and more toward the view that we should
>> just rip the names out entirely.

> We will need to make some decision in the next few hours.

I think this is a delicate question and we should *not* make a hasty
decision.  The release notes are almost certainly going to get worked
over quite a bit between now and 9.2 final; there is no need to assume
that the beta1 version has to reflect a final decision.

I'd vote for starting a separate thread to solicit people's opinions
on whether we need names in the release notes.  Is there anybody on
-hackers who would be offended, or would have a harder time persuading
$BOSS to let them spend time on Postgres if they weren't mentioned in
the release notes?  There'd still be a policy of crediting people in
commit messages of course, but it's not clear to me whether the release
note mentions are important to anybody.