Re: Adding CI to our tree

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Adding CI to our tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2021-12-13 16:02:50 -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>> sudo is used exactly twice; maybe it's not needed at all ?

> The macos one is needed, but the freebsd one indeed isn't.

I'm with Justin on this one.  I would view a script trying to
mess with /cores as a hostile act.  PG cores on macOS tend to
be extremely large and can fill up your disk fairly quickly
if you don't know they're being accumulated.  I think it's okay
to suggest in the documentation that people might want to allow
cores to be dropped, but the script has NO business trying to
force that.