Re: Character encoding problem using Tcl

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Character encoding problem using Tcl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Johann Woeckinger" <johann.woeckinger@epluse.at> writes:
> But when using a Tcl-based interface (e.g. pgaccess or home made tcl
> based programs) to insert such characters into a table, they are not correct
> displayed on queries by use of psql - they appear as two 'unreadable'
> characters (they appear correct in queries done by the tcl application).

Hm.  Tcl 8 uses Unicode (UTF-8) representation internally.  It sounds
like the Unicode representation is getting sent straight to the database
rather than being converted into the character set the backend is
expecting.

We could fix this in libpgtcl if we could figure out what Tcl encoding
corresponds to the character set the backend is using.  I'm not sure
if that's easy or hard.

Alternatively, building Postgres with multibyte support and creating
your database with UNICODE encoding ought to work.