Re: No documentation for filtering dictionary feature?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: No documentation for filtering dictionary feature?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su> writes:
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Tom Lane wrote:
>> There's an entry in the 9.0 release notes saying that we've got
>> filtering dictionaries now.  Cool, but I don't see any documentation
>> of the feature in textsearch.sgml.  Shouldn't there be some?

> Something like
> http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/unaccent.html ?

No --- that's documentation for a specific contrib module, not
documentation about the feature in general.  Currently the general
description of dictionaries says that it's impossible for a dictionary
to modify the input lexeme.  Clearly that needs some adjustment,
but I'm not sure what, because the feature is not explained anywhere ;-)