Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: OID wraparound: summary and proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Also I am worried about the performance of the per table Oid
> generators.

I think performance would be a big problem if we tried to implement them
just like sequences are done now.  But a shared hashtable of Oid
generators (each one handled roughly like the single Oid generator
currently is) would probably work okay.  We'd have to work out how to
have a backing disk table for this hashtable, since we couldn't expect
to have room in shared memory for all generators at all times --- but we
could cache all the active generators in shared memory, I'd think.