Re: LEFT JOINs not optimized away when not needed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: LEFT JOINs not optimized away when not needed
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> No, this is a completely different thing.  The idea is that if the query
>> is grouping on outer-relation columns, you don't need to care if the inner
>> relation is unique or not, because it doesn't matter if there are multiple
>> matches.

> Oh...  but that would only work if it were grouping without
> aggregation, right?  Seems awfully narrow.

Right.  Yeah, I was not that excited about its usefulness either.
However, the OP seems to think that it's a common optimization
(I wonder if he can cite chapter and verse on which other DBMSes
do it).

Сообщение: Re: LEFT JOINs not optimized away when not needed
Сообщение: Re: LEFT JOINs not optimized away when not needed