Re: recover corrupted pg_controldata from WAL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: recover corrupted pg_controldata from WAL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
yuanjia lee <yuanjia_pg@yahoo.com> writes:
> The algorithm of searching the WAL is like this:

> 1.      Read name of the segment files from xlog directory, and put all of their name into an one way list, the list
isdescending according to the time line, xlog id, segement id. (Athough I use only the lastest file in the
implementation,but the list can be used for the feature like dump log in future.)

You do realize that in most situations, the segment files with the
newest-looking names have not been used yet, and contain older rather
than newer data?

When multiple timelines are present, I'm not sure I care for the
heuristic "use the highest timeline number", either.

От: "Dave Page"
Сообщение: --enable-thread-safety on Win32
От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: Imprecision of DAYS_PER_MONTH