Re: BUG #4451: initcap() function capitalizes incorrectly

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #4451: initcap() function capitalizes incorrectly
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> Scott V wrote:
>> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1
>> Operating system:   Mac OS X 10.5.4

>> initcap() capitalizes incorrectly when passing strings containing certain
>> two-byte UTF-8 characters. E.g., when argument = 'mātūrāte', initcap
>> returns 'MāTūRāTe'. Correct result should be 'Mātūrāte'.

> What's your setting for lc_collate?

I think actually it's lc_ctype that determines case-folding.  But the
current theory is that Apple's locale support is simply broken for
UTF-8:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-02/msg01072.php
which means that even if Scott had all his settings right, it wouldn't
work :-(  A quick test on OS X here seems to confirm this.