Re: segmentation fault in execTuples.c#ExecStoreVirtualTuple

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: segmentation fault in execTuples.c#ExecStoreVirtualTuple
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Manuel Kniep <manuel@adjust.com> writes:
> ok after lot’s of testing I could create a test case
> which can be found here https://gist.github.com/rapimo/3c8c1b35270e5854c524
> it’s written in ruby an depends on the gem activerecord pg and parallel

Hm.  I don't see a segfault from this.  I do see the CREATE TEMP TABLE
command failing with "ctid is NULL", which probably shouldn't be happening
... but no segfault.  I tried with current HEAD and with current 9.3
branch tip, so it's possible there's been some relevant bugfix since
9.3.5.

> So my feeling is that the row exclusive lock is not taken properly on inherited tables.

I think it's much more likely something to do with EvalPlanQual.  There
have been some bugs fixed in that area since 9.3.5, but none of them
look real promising as an explanation for this ...