Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?
Дата
Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?  (Shay Rojansky <roji@roji.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2015-12-30 12:30:43 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Nor OS X.  Ugh.  My first thought was that ac1d7945f broke this, but
>> that's only in HEAD not 9.5, so some earlier change must be responsible.

> The backtrace in
> http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/CADT4RqBo79_0Vx%3D-%2By%3DnFv3zdnm_-CgGzbtSv9LhxrFEoYMVFg%40mail.gmail.com
> seems to indicate that it's really WaitLatchOrSocket() not noticing the
> socket is closed.

Right, and what I was wondering was whether adding the additional wait-for
condition had exposed some pre-existing flaw in the Windows latch code.
But that's not it, so we're left with the conclusion that we broke
something that used to work.

Are we sure this is a 9.5-only bug?  Shay, can you try 9.4 branch tip
and see if it misbehaves?  Can anyone else reproduce the problem?