Re: copy a postgres dbase to the same machine with different name?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: copy a postgres dbase to the same machine with different name?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Jonathan Roby" <robyj@cc.umanitoba.ca> writes:
> For a project here at work I look after a web app that communicates with =
> a postgresql database. We need to clone/copy the existing database to =
> run app upgrades on the clone database and then use the upgraded =
> database in place of the original.

Are you talking about cloning the whole installation to run under a
separate postmaster?  Or are you trying to create a new database with
a different name under the same postmaster?

If the latter, and you can idle the database while copying it, the
TEMPLATE option to CREATE DATABASE will serve.