Re: Best database structure for timely ordered values

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Best database structure for timely ordered values
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Reiner Dassing <dassing@wettzell.ifag.de> writes:
> The primary index must be the epoch.
> As there will be no deletion from this data I fear - due to the
> internal representation of B-trees - the performance will degrade very
> soon.

Nonsense.  btree should work just fine for that.  Use a timestamp
column for the primary key, and away you go.

(Actually, time alone doesn't seem like it'd be necessarily unique,
so maybe you don't want to call it a primary key.  But certainly
you can make a non-unique index on that column.)
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: