Re: Retore database on win xp from back up created with win 7 64 bit gets unsupported version

От Ron Gregor
Тема Re: Retore database on win xp from back up created with win 7 64 bit gets unsupported version
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I am running 1.10.0 on both systems. Both were installed using the same MSI. The pgdump and pg restore in both 1.10 folders are the same version.

** I finally figured out what the problem was. After going through all the menus I found that the options at some point on my win XP system had the PG bin path set to the 1.8 pgadmin folder. Once I set this to the proper (1.10) folder it worked. This was most likely set when I first took over IT management to be compatible with the batch program that creates back ups every night but I updated the batch version when I move the back up system to a new computer.

Thanks to all that helped on this matter.

From: Guillaume Lelarge [guillaume@lelarge.info]
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:37 PM
To: Ron Gregor
Cc: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org; rod@iol.ie
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Retore database on win xp from back up created with win 7 64 bit gets unsupported version

I only did the plain text as it was a suggested test.

That's a good test as long as you don't use pgAdmin to restore it :)

I still have the situation that the same version of pgadmin makes a back up on a win 7 64 bit machine can not be restored using a win xp system. It gets the unsupported version error for some unknown reason. Both systems used the same msi file to install pgadmin and I double checked that pg_dump.exe and pg_restore.exe are the same versions on both machines.

I've read the whole thread. It seems you have the "unsupported version (1.11) in file header". It still has nothing to do with your OS version or 32bits/64 bits OS. 1.11 dumps are created with a 8.4 pg_dump. So, the pg_restore you're using isn't 8.4. It might be 8.3 (version 1.10 dumps required) or 9.0+ (version 1.12 dumps required).

Be careful that you might have more than one version of pg_restore installed on your computer. Actually, pgadmin installs its own pg_restore tool. Which release of pgAdmin are you using?