Re: freefuncs.c is never called from anywhere!?]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: freefuncs.c is never called from anywhere!?]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am thinking of going through the code and removing NOT_USED functions
> I know to be useless.  OK?

Don't see why not, though I'd recommend treading lightly.  That unused-
functions script tends to pull out stuff that has been exported in the
expectation that someone would want it someday, but for one reason or
another it's not being called right at the moment.  We don't really want
to delete that sort of code.

BTW, I've also been rather dubious about the automatic
demote-to-static-function script for the same reason --- when someone
comes along and needs function X, it's hard to tell whether X was
intended to be private or was intended to be public but got demoted by
the script.  It's tough to maintain clear module APIs with tools like
that second-guessing the author's intentions.

Сообщение: Re: freefuncs.c is never called from anywhere!?]
Сообщение: Re: freefuncs.c is never called from anywhere!?