Re: terminated by signal 6 problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: terminated by signal 6 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <JanWieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
> I have seen similar when running under heavy load with high frequent
> insert+delete+vacuum. What happens is that adding another item to an
> index page in the btree access method fails. It seems to me that the
> decision to add an item to a page and the real work of actually adding
> it are not atomic, so that under certain race conditions two backends
> make the same decision while one would have to split the page.

Sure it is.  _bt_insertonpg is holding an exclusive lock on the page
the entire time.

We've seen reports like this once or twice before, so I think that there
may indeed be some corner-case bug involved, but it's not going to be
possible to find it without a test case ... or at least a debuggable
core dump from the PANIC.

Сообщение: Re: terminated by signal 6 problem
Сообщение: Re: terminated by signal 6 problem