Re: Postgresql "FIFO" Tables, How-To ?

От Kirill Ponazdyr
Тема Re: Postgresql "FIFO" Tables, How-To ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Searchable for what? A regexp? I'll bet you my lunch, a simple grep on a
> text file will be quicker :-)
> And you don't need to vacuum it, and/or concern yourslef with writing
> triggers ...

Well, simple Grep might find you a single occurance of the event, but as
soon as you try to correlate many events together, maybe set real time
alerts which are triggered by several events from different devices /
services within a certain timeframe, then you will really want some kind
of frontend. And that is what our product does (And quite a bit more).

But this is OT for this Mailing List :)

Anyway, I would like to thank everyone for great hints, I have certanly
got ideas which we will try and see how they works !

Best Regards

Kirill

--
Kirill Ponazdyr