Re: [ADMIN] Misplaced modifier in Postgresql license

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Misplaced modifier in Postgresql license
Дата
Список pgsql-general
[ mailing lists trimmed ]

Richard Welty <rwelty@averillpark.net> writes:
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 13:50:23 -0500 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> We are not changing the license text we inherited from Berkeley.

> if you go to the trouble to talk to the IP lawyers for the Regents,
> you may find that you can easily get permission to migrate the
> license to the current "BSD License".

Even if we could get such permission from UCB, you are adopting an
extremely rosy view of what's involved in a Postgres license change.
Arguably we'd need to get signoff from every current and past
contributor as well.  And there are other issues that you can read
about in the archives if you are interested.

The short answer is we have had this discussion before --- repeatedly
--- and we are not interested in having it again.