Re: docs: mention autovacuum when ANALYZE is recommended

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: docs: mention autovacuum when ANALYZE is recommended
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce asked me to look for places in the docs that mention that an
> ANALYZE is recommended, to mention the possibility that autovacuum takes
> care.  This patch does that.

I think you found the right places to touch, but is "let the autovacuum
daemon do it" sufficient?  It seems like that needs some qualifiers
about whether autovacuum is enabled, how long you should expect to wait
for the stats to get updated, etc.  It's probably not a good idea to
duplicate all that in each place, but maybe a link to the main
documentation about autovacuum is reasonable in each place.

Сообщение: Re: Building Postgresql under Windows question
Сообщение: Re: Building Postgresql under Windows question