Re: Why does txid_current() assign new transaction-id?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why does txid_current() assign new transaction-id?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
> Still, exposing GetStableLatestTransactionId() on the SQL level would
> make sense for monitoring transaction throughput.

Perhaps, though I wonder why we should expose that and not just report the
result of ReadNewTransactionId() --- or in txid.c's case, the result of
GetNextXidAndEpoch().  In either case it would have to be a new function,
not unilaterally redefining what txid_current() does.

Сообщение: Re: Why does txid_current() assign new transaction-id?
Сообщение: Re: Why does txid_current() assign new transaction-id?