Re: COPY CSV keywords

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: COPY CSV keywords
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> LITERAL - prevent NULL checks for specific columns
>>
>> NO NULL CHECK

> I considered going this direction, but it broke the WITH clause style of
> COPY.

Huh?  Many of the other options are already potentially two words,
eg QUOTE [AS], so I don't see how you can object to that aspect.

I agree with Peter that "LITERAL" is a completely unhelpful name for the
functionality.

"NO NULL CHECK" seems a bit confusing as well --- at first glance it
looks like it might mean overriding the column's NOT NULL attribute
(which I trust is not what it means ;-)).  Perhaps "NO NULLS" ?
Or just "NOT NULL", to avoid introducing another keyword.

I liked the "FORCE QUOTE" suggestion, too.