Re: Big 7.1 open items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Big 7.1 open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Well, we did have someone do a test implementation of oid file names,
> and their report was that is looked pretty ugly.  However, if people are
> convinced it has to be done, we can get started.  I guess I was waiting
> for Vadim's storage manager, where the whole idea of separate files is
> going to go away anyway, I suspect.  We would then have to re-write all
> our admin tools for the new format.

I seem to recall him saying that he wanted to go to filename == OID
just like I'm suggesting.  But I agree we probably ought to hold off
doing anything until he gets back from Russia and can let us know
whether that's still his plan.  If he is planning one-huge-file or
something like that, we might as well let these issues go unfixed
for one more release cycle.