Re: pltcl bug in 7.2?

От Yury Don
Тема Re: pltcl bug in 7.2?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Tom,

TL> Yury Don <yura@vpcit.ru> writes:
>> Hello All,
>> We have a database with koi8-r encoding, tables and fields names
>> mostly in russian, and we have a trigger function on pltcl. With postgresql 7.1 everything
>> worked well, but in 7.2 we are getting an error "utf_to_local: could
>> not convert UTF-8" in the following construction
>> foreach field [array names NEW] {
>>   if {[info exists OLD(${field})]} ....

TL> Hmm.  Someone added code in 7.2 to support conversion between the
TL> database's encoding (whatever you specified with -E) and the UTF-8
TL> encoding that Tcl wants to use all the time.  Sounds like you've
TL> found a bug in that code.

I've removed conversion between the database's encoding by changing in
pltcl.c
#if defined(UNICODE_CONVERSION) && TCL_MAJOR_VERSION == 8 \
#if defined(UNICODE_CONVERSION_1) && TCL_MAJOR_VERSION == 8 \
and after that an error have disappeared and everything works well.

--
Best regards,
 Yury                            mailto:yura@vpcit.ru