Re: Ancient comment in rules.sgml

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Ancient comment in rules.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
> There's a comment beginning with:
> <!-- What's happening with this?  If it doesn't come back, remove this section. -->
> in rules.sgml around line 2437. It seems this has been there since 2003.
> Do we need to keep this?

Well, the point is that the whole para after that is commented out.

The para in question seems to have shown up in 20a071326, and
at the time it began

+<Para>
+    Another situation are cases on UPDATE where it depends on the
+    change of an attribute if an action should be performed or
+    not. In <ProductName>Postgres</ProductName> version 6.4, the
+    attribute specification for rule events is disabled (it will have
+    it's comeback latest in 6.5, maybe earlier
+    - stay tuned). So for now the only way to
+    create a rule as in the shoelace_log example is to do it with
+    a rule qualification. That results in an extra query that is
+    performed allways, even if the attribute of interest cannot

I think it's a safe bet at this point that that feature isn't ever
coming back, so I'd be good with ripping out the whole para.