Re: does timestamp precision affect storage size?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: does timestamp precision affect storage size?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jonathan Vanasco <postgres@2xlp.com> writes:
> would there be any savings in storage or performance improvements from losing the resolution on fractional seconds,

Storage-wise, no.  If you have a resolution spec on your columns now,
I think dropping the resolution spec would save you a few nanoseconds per
row insertion due to not having to apply the roundoff function.  Adding
one would certainly not improve speed.

Сообщение: Re: does timestamp precision affect storage size?
Сообщение: Re: does timestamp precision affect storage size?