Re: performance of loading CSV data with COPY is 50 times faster thanPerl::DBI

От Ron
Тема Re: performance of loading CSV data with COPY is 50 times faster thanPerl::DBI
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2/3/20 12:42 PM, Ravi Krishna wrote:
"already suffering from a complex of coding in an unreadable language"

hearsay and conjecture

I was somewhat facetious. But what finished perl was the reputation it earned that it is a write only
language.  I don't think that reputation it earned is without merit.

IMO the early adopters of perl  were sysadmins and other non programmers who didn't do a stellar
job in writing a highly readable code.  To make it worse, perl folks take it as a badge of honor to
write their code in most obfuscated manner.  They even get some recognition for that.

No need for an Obfuscated Perl contest, because it's already obfuscated...