Re: Query question

От Adam Rich
Тема Re: Query question
Дата
Список pgsql-general

You were on the right track, unfortunately the rules are not very
Consistent regarding when aliases can or cannot be used.  In this case,
WHERE and HAVING cannot use an alias, but ORDER BY and most others
require it.  Also, HAVING is applied to aggregate functions (like
min/max/average)  Try your query in this form:

SELECT col_speed, col_time, (col_speed / col_time) AS distance
FROM speed_ratings
WHERE (col_speed / col_time) > ?
ORDER BY dd

If you want to use GROUP BY / HAVING, you need to use another field
to group the results by, as well as the aggregate function.  for
example, if you had a "type_id" field and wanted the maximum
distance travelled per type:

SELECT type_id, MAX(col_speed / col_time) AS max_distance
FROM speed_ratings
GROUP BY type_id
HAVING MAX(col_speed / col_time) > ?
ORDER BY dd

Finally, if you really want distance, I assume you mean speed * time,
not speed/time.